How To Make Cream Biscuits
What You Need
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 cups heavy cream (divided)
8×8-inch metal pan
Liquid measuring cup
Dough cutter or large knife
- Prep and preheat: Place a layer of parchment paper across the bottom and up 2 sides of an 8×8-inch pan. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix the dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients until combined.
- Add the cream: Pour in all but 1/4 cup of the cream. Stir until the dough is shaggy, then add the remaining cream and stir to combine.
- Knead the dough: Turn the dough out onto a well-floured work surface. Knead the dough for about 30 seconds, just until it all comes together.
- Form the dough: Shape dough into a rectangle, about 12 inches long and 4 inches wide. Cut it in half lengthwise, then cut each piece into 4 pieces horizontally. Place each of the pieces in the prepared pan.
- Bake: Transfer the pan to the oven, and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden.
This post has been updated — first published February 2010.