Best Low Carb Bread (Bread Machine)
Photo by truebrit
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 2 hrs 5 mins
- Serves: 11, Yield: 1 loaf
About This Recipe
“I found this recipe on the Low Carb Friends forum some time ago. I’ve baked this bread many times, and it’s very good! The whole loaf only contains about 20 carbs, so when you slice it, divide the total carbs by the number of slices. (I usually get about 10 slices, which only amounts to 2 carbs per slice!) If the lid of your bread machine lifts slightly during the last 15 minutes of baking time, don’t worry; when the bread is baked, the lid will lower. I prefer to eat this bread toasted slightly, and buttered.”
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- 3/4 cup vital wheat gluten flour
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- Using a 1 pound capacity bread machine, combine ingredients according to order given in bread machine manual.
- Select ‘light’ browning setting.
- Don’t remove bread until it is cooled.
- Cut into slices, and store, covered, in the refrigerator.