Southern Pecan Pie
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
- Servings: 8
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups corn syrup ( I use 1/2 dark and 1/2 light)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 of 3Utterly Deadly Southern Pecan Pie
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, coarsely broken
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
- In saucepan boil sugar and corn syrup together for 2 to 3 minutes; set aside to cool slightly.
- In large bowl beat eggs lightly and very slowly pour the syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly.
- At this point I like to strain the mixture to make sure it’s smooth and lump free.
- Stir in butter, vanilla, and pecans and pour into crust.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for about 45 to 60 minutes or until set.