“Fresh fruit muffins, easily frozen or eaten any time of day. Try peaches, blueberries, strawberries, or my daughter’s favorite–chocolate chips.”
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups, or line them with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, egg, and butter; mix until ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix. Stir in fresh fruit. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly touched, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm.