Super-Simple, Super-Spicy Mongolian Beef
“This is a great-tasting recipe that is easy to prepare ahead and takes minutes to actually cook it! Serve with rice and veggie side for a nice family dinner!”
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound beef flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 large green onions, thinly sliced
- Whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Toss beef with marinade, cover, and refrigerate 1 hour to overnight.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the green onions, and cook for 5 to 10 seconds before stirring in the beef. Cook and stir until the beef is no longer pink and is beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.