- 1 pound catfish fillets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon creamy salad dressing (e.g. Miracle Whip)
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM, or to taste
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely crushed buttery round crackers
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- Place catfish in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain off water, and mash up the fish. Stir in the onion, mustard, salad dressing, Old Bay(TM), cracker crumbs and egg. Mix until evenly blended.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Form the fish mixture into patties, and fry in the hot oil. Drain on paper towels, and serve hot.